It is the policy of MIRA Technology Institute (MTI) that it shall at all times observe data protection law and respect the rights and privacy of individuals by processing personal data only for legitimate and lawful purposes and in strict adherence to data protection legislation. Our lawful basis for processing personal data is specifically in accordance with one or more of the following:
• With the explicit consent of the individual
• For the performance of a contract (or prior to a contact where this is requested by the individual)
• A legal obligation upon us e.g. tax affairs
• In the vital interests of an individual
• In the public interest or exercise of official authority
• For our legitimate business interests limited specifically to the extent that the Data Protection Principles (specified in current legislation) allow
We ensure that all personal information processed by us is done so fairly, lawfully and with appropriate justification and that any personal information used by us or on our behalf is of the highest quality in terms of accuracy, relevance, adequacy and limitation. It will also be kept up-to-date, be protected appropriately and securely destroyed when no longer required.
Where personal data is held purely by virtue of the consent of the individual, that consent will be explicitly given, recorded and may be withdrawn at any time without penalty.
Where personal data is shared with third parties this will be done under a lawful basis and adequate protection mechanisms will be assured.
Complaints and Queries
You have the right to request information about how your data is processed by us or to make a complaint about the manner in which your personal data is stored, used, processed or shared, or if you feel that any of your Data Subject Rights have been violated. Alternatively, you can complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
You can also call the ICO Helpline on 0303 123 1113.