We have a range of free* online CPD course available. Discover more today!
Update as of the 1st April 2021.
The MTI remains open and you should attend as normal. Our priority is to you as our learners, to make sure you are safe and to continue your learning. Please continue to attend as per your timetable both onsite and virtually.
We appreciate that this is a very uncertain time and therefore want to provide you with reassurance regarding the planned delivery of our training programmes and the steps we are taking to protect the continuation of study for learners throughout next academic year, whilst we continue to mitigate the impact of the global COVID19 pandemic.
Here at MTI, we are committed to delivering as much face to face teaching and learning as possible, whilst ensuring that the safety of Students and Staff remains paramount within the constraints of the COVID19 pandemic that may exist at the time.
Marion Plant, OBE FCGI, Director of the MTI Operations Board said, “We have been working hard to develop thorough plans to ensure that the physical environment is as safe as possible for students and staff returning to our campuses. The health, safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and their families is our number one priority and will remain the first principle in any plan to extend the opening of the college.
“We have carried out a range of rigorous risk assessments and activity is underway to address measures designed to increase safety and maintain social distancing as far as possible.”
MTI activities to increase the safety of its staff and students will include:
- Making sure that students and staff do not attend if they or a member of their household has symptoms of coronavirus
- Promoting regular hand washing and good respiratory hygiene
- Cleaning premises more often especially frequently touched surfaces, such as door handles, handrails, desks
- Minimising contact through smaller classes or group sizes and altering the environment as much as possible, including changing the layout of classrooms to meet social distancing guidelines
- Reducing mixing between groups through timetable changes and staggered break times
- Publishing and promoting social distancing guidelines throughout the facility
- Providing PPE for first aiders
- Installing screens at reception desks and floor markers to help promote social distancing
- Installing additional hand sanitiser stations with more frequent servicing.
- Enhanced fresh air ventilation
Upon arrival at MTI
- Use hand sanitiser throughout the building
- Adhere to social distancing measures
- Stay within your allocated bubble/classroom
- Please wear a face mask in all areas
MIRA Technology Institute will continue to respond to the most up to date government guidance and will adjust the campus plan accordingly to enable provision to commence as planned throughout the academic year.