Up to 12 weeks
To be eligible for this course, applicants will be required to have passed CompTIA A+.
CompTIA Security+ is the first security certification IT professionals should earn. It establishes the core knowledge required of any cybersecurity role and provides a springboard to intermediate-level cybersecurity jobs. Security+ incorporates best practices in hands-on trouble-shooting to ensure security professionals have practical security problem-solving skills. Cybersecurity professionals with Security+ know how to address security incidents – not just identify them.
CompTIA Security+ develops the skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career.
Modules you will cover include:
- Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities – detecting various types of compromise and have an understanding of penetration testing and vulnerability scanning
- Technologies and tools – installing, configuring, and deploying network components while assessing and troubleshooting issues to support organisational security
- Architecture and design – implementing secure network architecture concepts and systems design
- Identity and access management – installing and configuring identity and access services, as well as management controls
- Risk management – implementing and summarising risk management best practices and the business impact
- Cryptography and PKI – Installing and configuring wireless security settings and implement public key infrastructure