Duration / assessment:
MIRA Technology Institute
£1200 (+VAT) per delegate
Course provided by:
This course will enable delegates to learn how to understand and apply : Hazard analysis and risk assessment (H&R / HARA), Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA), Fault tree analysis (FTA), ISO 26262 hardware architectural metrics, evaluation of safety goal violations due to random hardware failures, dependant failure analysis (DFA) and design review by failure modes (DRBFM).
Engineers requiring understanding in the use of safety analysis techniques in ISO 26262
- Hazard analysis and risk assessment including techniques for hazard identification
- Design FMEA
- Hardware metrics analysis including probabilistic metric for random hardware failures (method 1 for evaluating causes of safety goal violation)
- Evaluation of safety goal violation due to random hardware failures (method 2 for evaluating causes of safety goal violation)
- Fault tree analysis (FTA) and dependent failure analysis
- Design review by failure modes (DRBFM)
Pre-requisite knowledge: delegates are expected to have at least working knowledge of the requirements of ISO 26262. Attendance at our foundation course or equivalent is a minimum; attendance in our 5-day engineer course or equivalent is preferred.