There are no entry requirements for the course, other than having an interest in changes in technology or
working in an environment where electric vehicles operate. It is recommended that you will hold 3 GCSEs in
English, Maths and a Science based unit.
MIRA Technology Institute
The total cost of the short course is £149
Course provided by:
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
This IMI Accredited course is one of the first qualifications of its kind to address electric/hybrid vehicle technology
This course is ideal for those in the following sectors:
- The retail automotive industry
- The public service sector e.g. members of the emergency services; who may attend an accident involving an electric vehicle
- The maintenance, service, and/or handling of electric vehicles
Aim of the Course:
The course is designed to give the learner an understanding of the principles of full electric and hybrid vehicles. It will focus on the construction, operation and identification of all of the main components of hybrid vehicles and also the key safety aspects associated with working with high voltage systems.
This qualification contains the knowledge of the dangers surrounding electric/hybrid vehicles and the precautions to avoid potential injury.
- Understand the construction and operation of electric and series hybrid vehicles
- Identify the main components
- Describe the operation and function of the main components
- Understand how to operate in a safe manner when working on high voltage vehicles.
This course carries an IMI CPD value of 10 credits which can count towards the annual membership of CPD requirements.