There are no entry requirements for the course, other than having an interest in changes in technology or working in an environment where electric vehicles operate. It is recommended that you will hold 3 GCSEs in English, Maths and a Science-based unit.
MIRA Technology Institute
The total cost of the short course is £299
Course provided by:
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
This IMI Accredited course is one of the first qualifications of its kind to address electric/hybrid vehicle (high voltage) technology.
This course is ideal for those in the following sectors:
- The retail automotive industry
- The public service sector e.g. members of the emergency services; who may attend an accident involving an electric vehicle
- The maintenance, service, and/or handling of electric vehicles
Aim of the Course:
This accredited qualification is designed for those people who may encounter accident damaged or broken down electric/hybrid (all variations) vehicles, e.g. emergency services and roadside recovery operators. It contains the knowledge required to work safely around a vehicle that may have or had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
The content of this qualification has been designed to give you the knowledge required to work safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles that may have or had damage to their high energy/electrical system, during emergency and recovery situations.
It contains one mandatory unit covering:
- The types of Electric/Hybrid vehicles available
- Hazards associated with motor vehicle high energy electrical systems
- Working safely around Electric/Hybrid vehicles including charging
- How to reduce the risk of injury when encountering electric/hybrid vehicles and,
- How to safely transport and store electric/hybrid vehicles
Successful completion of this qualification will acquire significant core knowledge and the ability to work safely around, but not maintain Electric/Hybrid vehicles.