Duration / assessment:
MIRA Technology Institute
£195 (+VAT) per delegate
Course provided by:
This course aims to provide delegates a basic awareness of electrical safety issues and specific issues associated with hybrid and electric vehicles.
All delegates associated with electric vehicles and first aiders.
- General overview of electrical safety issues
- Refresher on electricity and how and why it can harm people
- Introduction to the basic Health and Safety at Work principles and the requirements of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989. This will include the responsibilities of both employers and employees
- Workplace scenarios in which issues with hybrid or electric vehicles may be encountered
- Specific issues associated with hybrid and electric vehicles, to include:
- How to identify a hybrid or electric vehicle
- The types of high voltage components and where they are located
- The system voltages
- The operational modes and states of the vehicles
- The particular hazards associated with working on such vehicles
- Basic principles for safe working, particularly requirements for disconnection of the high voltage supply before starting work
We are also able to provide a refresher version of these course to keep your workforce up to date.