English and Maths GCSEs at Grade C/4 or above (or equivalent) and either:
- A* to C grade and/or 9 to 4 in GCSE Maths (or equivalent) is strongly recommended
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Engineering
- A or AS level in Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics subjects
- Access to Higher Education in an appropriate pathway
- Relevant engineering experience
All applicants will be invited in for an initial assessment and interviewed by a member of the lecturing team.
Duration / assessment:
One year. Students will study for one day per week over 35 weeks
MIRA Technology Institute
Course provided by:
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
This course equips learners with the skills needed to work in the automotive and engineering sector and includes broad introductory modules alongside specialist operations-focused units.
This qualification is ideal for those currently working in the field or those who have recently completed a Level 3 course in engineering.
Learners may wish to progress to a Level 5 Higher National Diploma at college or a Degree Level programme at University. They may also apply for employment in roles such as an Automotive Engineering Technician or an Automotive Engineer.
Learners will undertake 8 modules in total to acquire the 120 credits required. The qualification will be graded as Pass, Merit or Distinction.
Modules can include:
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
- Engineering Project and Design
- Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems
- Electrical Systems and Fault Finding