- Aged 18+
- Employed or be willing to be employed in a role such as: production technician, automotive technician, motorsport technician
- GCSE Grade C/4 in maths, English and Science
And at least one of the following:
- A or AS level in Science, Technology Engineering or Mathematics subjects
- Advanced Diploma in Engineering or manufacturing
- Previous work experience or employment in this field at the required level.
Duration / assessment:
This Apprenticeship usually takes between 2-3 years, but could be around 18 months if the Level 3 Apprenticeship has already been completed.
(Apprenticeships are available to start throughout the year)
Classroom and workplace-based
MIRA Technology Institute
Course provided by:
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College
This Apprenticeship has been designed to provide the manufacturing and engineering sectors with high grade technicians and engineers who have practical skills, combined with a higher education qualification. This will facilitate progression to Level 5/6 qualifications and enable them to work towards 'Incorporated Engineer' status. Higher Apprentices will undertake higher-level technical occupations in such sectors as mechanical, automotive and maintenance.
This Apprenticeship provides excellent preparation towards professional registration as an Engineering Technician and progression to Incorporated Engineer registration. It may also, where appropriate, provide progression to a range of honours degrees.
Potential job roles include: Senior Production Technician, Automotive Senior Technician, Motorsport Senior Technician for mechanical and/or electrical.
As part of this framework Apprentices will achieve two qualifications:
- EAL Level 4 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Manufacture
- Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering – Operations Engineering Pathway
Units will include: Engineering Design, Mathematics and Science, Managing a Professional Engineering Project, Electro, Pneumatic and Hydraulic Systems, Electrical Systems and Fault Finding.
How to Apply:
Are you an employer looking to recruit a new Apprentice or upskill a current staff member?
Or are you a learner looking to begin an Apprenticeship?
Contact our Business Team to find out more: firstname.lastname@example.org