Duration / assessment:
MIRA Technology Institute
Course provided by:
Prepare for Edition 2 of ISO 26262 by attending our functional safety awareness course. This course is suitable for delegates with no prior knowledge of ISO 26262 to start preparing for the new edition of the standard.
Anyone requiring awareness of functional safety and an overview of ISO 26262
What you will learn:
This course will enable delegates to understand the importance of functional safety in the automotive industry, why compliance with ISO 26262 is important and the “top 10” implications for a company seeking to comply with the standard.
This version of the course is specifically designed to give an engineering overview of the subject. Alternative versions of the course are available.
- An introduction to the subject of functional safety
- The principles of functional safety in the automotive industry
- The position of ISO 26262 and its relation to other standards, guidelines and legislation along with certification or approval requirements
- Introduction to key safety-relevant concepts such as the notions of hazard, risk and risk reduction
- The key issues in implementing ISO 26262
- Brief overview of each part of ISO 26262
This course is suitable for delegates with no prior knowledge of ISO 26262 to start preparing for the new edition of the standard.