We have a range of free* online CPD course available. Discover more today!
Upto 12 weeks
The CySA+ qualification is intended to follow the CompTIA Security+ course. Applicants engaging at this level must have hands-on related experience and a technical focus.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) is an IT workforce certification that applies behavioural analytics to networks and devices to prevent, detect and combat cybersecurity threats through continuous security monitoring.
A Cybersecurity Analyst detects cyber threats and then implements changes to protect an organisation in the following ways:
- Manages and configures tools to monitor activity on the network
- Analyses the reports from those tools to identify unusual behaviour on the network
- Proactively identifies network vulnerabilities through penetration testing, vulnerability scans and vulnerability assessment reports
- Plans and recommends changes to increase the security of the network
- Applies security patches to protect the network
Jobs that use CySA+ include:
- Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Vulnerability Analyst
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Information Security Analyst or Administrator
- Security Administrator
Modules you will cover include:
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Software and Systems Security
- Security Operations & Monitoring
- Incidence Response
- Compliance & Assessment
This course is free only for residents within the following areas: Birmingham, Coventry, Solihull, Wolverhampton, Walsall, Sandwell and Dudley.