It is widely accepted that automated technology will play a bigger part in the automobile industry in the future and that the industry is building towards autonomous vehicles through ever more capable automated and driver assistance features.
According to recent industry research, the shared driverless vehicle market could potentially reach $10.40 billion by 2031. However, there are a number of issues to resolve including safety measures and sensor integration before the industry achieves this.
This seminar will provide attendees with an update on the latest technology and developments while helping them understand the opportunities, issues and risks associated with this technology. Take away best practice from thought leaders and engineers in the industry that will enable your organisation to develop safe, robust systems.
Alongside networking opportunities with colleagues from a variety of stakeholders within the industry, there will also be a demonstration of an AI Formula Student vehicle, showing how this competition is inspiring the next generation of engineers when it comes to connected and autonomous technology.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- Current technology capability and future roadmap
- Meeting legal requirements through updates on safety legislation and regulation
- Validation and verification of autonomous systems
- Identification technology including sensor integration, LiDAR and Infrared
- The future of connectivity and system architecture
- Public knowledge and perception
- Understand the current autonomous landscape and gain an insight into the automated technologies being developed for passenger vehicles
- Learn about the technologies being developed for use on next-generation autonomous vehicles, including vehicle to vehicle infrastructure systems and pedestrian recognition
- Address the key challenges being faced by the automotive industry, and explore technical solutions which are currently being investigated
- Discuss current and future legislation, regulation, insurance and liability limitation considerations for autonomous vehicles
- Gain insight into the latest technological developments and challenges in getting autonomous vehicles onto the roads
- Network with key innovators and decision makers in the autonomous sphere